Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Momofuku Ko

OMG, I died. DIED!

So I previous posted about my obsession with David Chang and how I got up early to fight the internet crowds to get a reservation at 12 seat Momofuku Ko... It was WELL worth it!!!
In an iron gate covered tiny store front, with not signs, other than a small peach logo, a magical meal awaited! Ignore the bald spot!

Lunch = 3 hours = $175 = 16 courses = No menus = No photos allowed inside

It was SO good. Bananas ah-mazing people. So innovative! And unlike the time Jessica and I dined at Per Se, I didn't pass out at the table from the wine pairings. Although I must say, I was silently hoping that Mr. Chang himself would make an appearance. It was he who made the comment about how messed up it is that chefs open a restaurant, charge a ton for a meal and then are not even the ones there preparing it... His hypocrisy aside, that is my only complaint.

Anyhow during the meal, Matt and I were trying to recall all the things we ate... and we could not. There were a few dishes that we remembered, but we were not able to come up with all 16. And as I type this now, I'm at a loss!!!

1) rolled chip filled with ?

2) 2 soup spoons filled with ?

3) Oyster on the half shell and caviar

4) Trio of sashimi

5) egg foam in a bacon broth?

6) Bread soup with bagel roll filled with bacon, chives and cream cheese

7)

8) Braised duck (which the basted and browned with hot oil in front of our eyes for like 2 hours!)

15) Dessert #2

16) Dessert #1 puree of ?

I'm at a loss... I hope Matt can help!
stay tuned...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home