Friday, January 22, 2010

OMG I Almost Died. 2x!

Well... OK, maybe not really, but it was touch and go there for a bit! And still kind of is. OR is it just the crazy in my head?

So did you all see this video or the many out there about the girl who had the terrible reation to a flu shot?


It's just heartbreaking.
So when my company offered up free H1N1 Flu Vaccinations, everyone in my office jumped at it except for me. Being the hypochondriac that I am, you'd think that I'd be first in line, but instead, my craziness manifested itself as paranoia that I too would be one in a million to develop a neurological disorder.

My whole office went and got them. Then a week later I had dinner with a friend who claimed that she had the swine flu over the holidays and wanted to die for 2 weeks and proclaimed that although she lost 8 pounds (score!) that it was so not worth feeling like stepped on shit for 2 weeks and that the vaccine was worth the risk.

So of course I then felt the NEED to get it... There was one last day that the company was sponsoring so I bucked up the courage to do it. But I SWEAR God didn't want me to do it. He brought the worst rain and wind I've ever seen in the OC and threw palm frawns at my car.
The pic doesn't do the furry justice... that tree almost touched the ground!

There was some serious storming on my short drive. But I made it to the location, signed my life away and the right to sue if I had any negative reactions. Before sticking me the nurse asked if I was allergic to eggs and do I know what Guillain-Barré Syndrome is? No... and YES!!! "That's the nerve disorder!" I proclaimed a little too excitedly... she said that I was the only person thus far that had known that. There was a small sense of pride within me and then disgust. Did NO one I worked with read about the side effects?

Anyway. I got the shot. The weather on my drive back to work? Almost beautiful. The skies were clearing and the rain had stopped.
Had God given up on me?! Weather wise, I think the answer was yes. He figured that at that point, it was too late, I had already gotten the vaccine injected so no need to prevent him from going anywhere. But we'll see what his real is plan for me is next Friday. Friday marks 10 days since my shot... and it was on day 10 the the cheerleader lost the ability to cheer.

fingers crossed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home