Friday, July 17, 2009

beef, it's what's for dinner


After a trip to H Mart (my new favorite market where the produce is super cheap and for an Asian market, it's actually pretty clean), I made Kalbi-jim (braised short ribs) for dinner with some beautiful slices of meat.

I've been playing with recipes for a while, but had not found one that I loved... until now! I combined 2 different ones and with a few of my own additions created the below. It may not be the traditional Korean way, but blame my Japanese palate...



Prep, and sear the meat. Simmer on low heat for 45 min in 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part water, 1/2 part sugar, onions, garlic, green onions, sesame seeds, sesame oil, mirin, and bourbon. Pair with salad, tofu, kimchee and daikon to complement the saltiness of the meat. Yum!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home