Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a little inspiration from mom and top chef


I had the salmon at home and there was the most beautiful cilantro for cheap at the market. But, once I got home I had no idea what I was going to do with the two. I was going over it in my head all Top Chef-style, until luckily a call from mom, who regaled me with about an hour's worth of stories from home, ended by chance with a recent chicken that she made with a mayonnaise marinade (so Hawaii!).

So, I give you (a cilantro-mayo) baked salmon with corn on the cob and pan tossed spinach. It SO would have got me passed the Quick Fire challenge... at least I think it would.

Salt and pepper the salmon steaks and lay in a baking dish greased in butter. Chop cilantro and green onions and fold into mayonnaise and a little bit of lemon juice. Spread cilantro mixture on the salmon steaks and bake until cooked. Enjoy!

PS - I also would like to share with you my favorite and quick way of cooking corn on the cob (for one!). Put corn in a frying pan, add a little water and cover with a lid. Bring to a a boil, checking and turning the corn regularly. Once water has evaporated, continue to pan fry the corn on a low heat, turning as the kernels brown, add oil if necessary. After a few minutes, you'll have a perfectly plump and cooked corn on the cob!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home