Monday, October 26, 2009

I used to XOXO you, GG

Ok, I'm going to say it cuz somebody has to - "What the hell has happened to Gossip Girl"?!

Jessica and I discussed this topic at length the other night over Mexican food. She's recent convert and as of Friday had seen just one random (and terribly bad) episode of season 3 and season 1 via DVD within the last week or so. Sadly, its a bad time to convert now that this show is heading in a downward spiral. All of the brilliance, the wit, the drama that was season 1 and 2 are gone, long gone along with Serena's hem-line...

I don't know where to begin, but case in point - who thought that by adding thickster Hilary Duff into the mix would be a good thing?! Girl looks like she's be curling Dan with her gigantic ARMS! and ready to hulk-out of the outfits that they've STUFFed her in!
Really? Is Disney no longer doing your PR and paying for your trainer, Hils?

Serena - oh... I don't know where to begin. The pouting, the whining, the hooker ensemble! Carter Basen? And REALLY, is that what REALLY happened in Santorini?!
Blair - What happened to the preppy, style-setting, priss? I miss Queen B and her headbands. And I know I begged and didn't care if her and Chuck got it on or got it off, as long as they just GOT it... But I seriously miss them. They're now the most boring on the show - aside from Nate, that is.
Nate - What the hell happened to Nate? Does he even go to school? Have we once seen him at Columbia? What's his deal? Time to write him off?
Chuck - What are you, like 50 now? And as the heir to Bass Industries are you living in a studio? What happened to the sleaze that we all loved to hate, yet loved?
Dan - Who believes that Lonely Boy is now the stud of the NYU campus?! No one! Get a hair cut!
Vanessa - Speaking of hair, run a brush though yours! And wash it!
Jenny - And speaking of wash... oh Jenny. Where do I begin? Oh, yeah, wash your face!
Rufus and Lily - LAME. I was routing for you both, but that was before I knew what would become of your both as a married couple.
Georgina - Where did she go? Why does she pop in and out? and where does she go in between?

I think GG's fallen ill from the curse that destroys all high school based shows... the dreaded graduation season where they move on and go to college. After this short break they better pick it up! I must say that I'm hanging on here by a thread... and only because I LOVE love LOVE reading the NY Mag Blog's recaps and reality index the next day at work. It's so better than the show.

Luckily, 90210 (after a SLOW season last year) has really picked it up! and Melrose Place is off to a bang and addicting as EVER. Thank you Tuesday night for showing Monday how its done now that Rachel Zoe is over!

AND special props to Wednesday night and ABC for bringing back the 30 min sit com. How AWESOME is Cougar Town and even more so, Modern Family?!



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home