Wednesday, August 19, 2009

what to do with a Nordstrom's gift card?



I received a gift certificate from my friend, MJ,as an early birthday present. With the gift certificate burning a hole in my inbox (it was sent to be by email), I could not help but do some online browsing. Ultimately, I settled on the Brass Plum shoes above, because they were very affordable, and my current black patent leather wedges are looking a little beat up, so it was a good alternative.

I had also looked at some highlighted fall trends to see if there were other things I could spend the gift certificate on. Did you know there is a whole section on "fancy" leggings (priced at about $200, which is absolutely ridiculous) that have zippers and buttons, and actually look like real pants (but they are leggings)? The mind reels. I also checked out some boyfriend blazers, but didn't trust the fit online - because I'm so short, an oversize boyfriend blazer could end up looking like a Slanket on me. Even the jumpsuit/rompers were absurdly expensive! In the end, I decided to go with the shoes, and I can't be more excited! Thank you MJ for the fabulous birthday present.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home