Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Voted!

I did my civic duty last night. And let me tell you, it was a little more involved than in years past... Perhaps I care more now that I'm old? Or perhaps I just need the extra time now that I'm old? Bah, humbug. Either way, it was no quickie.


I got a little online assistance from the CA Democrats and the OC Democrats (the beauty of the vote-by-mail ballot! But you don't get the chance to snoop through your neighbors garage-turned-polling-station nor do you get the fun little 'i voted' sticker). With all the strangely worded measures, proposition and elected positions that I did not know existed, especially all of the justice appointments, it was much appreciated help. But the whole process, I tell you... and being an educated voter takes time!

I learned a few things like there really is a website called judgepedia.com and another one that actually ranks the justices with a "recommend" or "do not recommend" and score from 1-10, Judgevoterguide.com, (I liked it, but found myself doing the opposite of the recommendations. meh!) there is a nutty Democratic Women of Newport Club, an OC Independent newspaper, not all the candidates out there know how to use facebook, there are so many republicans in Newport that the OC Democrats don't even bother recommending candidates in this district and politics brings out the crazy in old people with access to the internet.

But after all of that, for the most part, I found that my original methods lead to the same ending - voting for the person with the minority last name and the most trustworthy (err prettiest) headshot.

- Posted from my iPhone

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home