Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beauty Buzz: My new nighttime moisturizer!



I am, I admit, a person with many neuroses. And one of those is that I can't use any face product that comes in a tub or a pot in which you have to stick your fingers. (I also think that the little spoon that comes with the pot is useless - it either gets lost, or dirty, or simply doesn't work.) It just bugs me that I'm "touching" and exposing to air all the product all at once. So, one of my requirements for a moisturizer is that it has to come in either a pump of a squeeze tube. This, I have learned, is hard to find when you are also looking for a thick, nighttime, extra hydrating moisturizer that is also anti-aging. Most of those come in the pots.

So, after scouring Barney's for a while, I finally found an anti-aging moisturizer that is in a pump - the Chantecaille Bio-Dynamic Lifting Fluid!



My thoughts? It goes on smooth, and it makes my skin feel soft. But it is not a thick lotion, which is good in the sense that it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy, but bad in the sense that it doesn't feel thick enough for nighttime use. I also feel like I need three or four pumps of the fluid to cover my whole face, which seems excessive and possibly quite expensive (given the price of the bottle).

I have been using it in conjunction with a Vitamin E oil that I got a the drugstore that I pour on a cotton pad and smear around my under eye area and laugh lines - to try and prevent wrinkles from forming. I have enjoyed this combination and my skin feel hydrated and happy in the morning. Plus, I haven't experienced any unwanted breakouts from this combination.

All in all, however, I will probably go back to my Kinerase Ultimate Night Moisturizer when this pump is done. The Kinerase is a thicker cream, so I felt like it was more effective at hydrating, (but not oily!) and it is a touch cheaper as well. (And, I don't have to combine it with the drugstore oil for me to feel like it is working.) If I was willing to invest more time into my "daytime" or "morning" face, I would use the Chantecaille fluid as a daytime moisturizer or makeup primer, making sure to put makeup and/or SPF over it. As it is however, I am lazy and just smear SPF moisturizer on my face as I run out the door. Maybe when I grow up this Chantecaille can be part of the morning makeup routine.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home