Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy New Year!

I'm not Chinese or anything, but aren't like all Asians the same? No? hmmm, someone needs to explain that to my co-workers....
So, my Aunty sent a Valentines/Chinese New Year care package in the mail that was filled with snacks, chocolates and gao!Gao is a sweet Chinese rice cake that's eaten for the new year (like mochi or mochi balls; you know that stuff that you can put on your shaved ice or your Pinkberry?)
I know it's not the prettiest sight, but it tastes really good!

The 3-4 day mail time got the little sticky cake a bit hard, so I took the advice of a Chinese friend and cut the cake up and pan fried the slices... hun hao! So good! Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. And since celebrating a holiday for my family means eating the foods that surround it, I totally celebrated. (that goes for Vday too and the empty box of Godiva chocolates in my office's break room)

Anyhow, Happy Year Of The Tiger! Grrrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home