Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pet peeves: Santa hats

Let me start by saying that I love Christmas. Love everything about it from the spirit in the air to fighting the bustling crowds at the mall to the tacky and gaudy decor. But the thing that I just cannot stand are "people who are not Santa but wearing Santa hats." Ugh. I just dont get it and the whle thing totally bugs me! Do they think they are the man himself? One if his helpers? Or perhaps they feel it's just festive season fashion? Let me tell you, it's not.
I will give, however, all pets, babies and most kids (12 and under) the ok to don the hat cuz that's just cute. Oh and Salvation Army bell ringers have a pass too.

Anyway, I know I'm not alone. There are lots of you haters out there. Can i get a what-what? And on a somewhat related note, have you all seen the car that have the clip on reindeer antlers, one for each side of the car?! Oh! Don't get me started. And when they go as far as fashioning a red nose to the front grill?! double oh! It makes me want to cut you off and steal the parking spot you've been waiting for. Oddly enough, I'm ok with mini-wreaths on the grill. Now that's cute and festive!

Anyhow, back to the hats... I once met up with friends for dinner and one of my friend's husbands showed up in an overly large and furry version that he proceeded to sport throughtout the meal, adjusting the fur ball at the end on and off as not to get any pad thai on it. I was mortified.

And I guess will continue to be mortified until Saturday when the hats will stored away in closets accross the county only to return and torment me next year.
Not quite the same, but along the same lines: ho ho hos in the baggage claim at HNL.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home